Here's how I did in month 3!
Beginning of the month:
- Alternating lunge jump: 12 reps, holding 8kg kettlebell
- Bent-over row: 12 reps, 8lb dumbbells
- Stability ball hip raise and leg curl: 12, resting 3/4 through
- Incline bench press: 12 reps, 12 pound dumbbells
- Stability ball plank: one minute. 4-5 rests to complete
- Alternating lunge jump: 18, 12, and 11 reps,12kg kettlebell
- Bent-over row: 12 reps, 15lb dumbbells
- Stability ball hip raise and leg curl: 12, no rests
- Incline bench press: 12 reps, 20 pound dumbbells
- Regular plank: one minute, 2 rests to complete
|Ridiculously good looking. You're welcome for providing this eye candy.|
- When I run, it's easier to run further and faster than when I used to just run without weight training
- My clothes fit better (looser) though I'm still too skeptical to try the skinny jeans yet
- I have established a routine that I don't waver from, even when I don't feel like doing it. Habits are powerful!
- I lost 3 pounds
I am not going to continue with months 4 and 5 of the Total Body Transformation - not because it's not a good workout, but because I think, for me, I need something different. Chris, if you're reading this, I hope this doesn't stand in the way of what might be between us i love you!
I started running outside again the past three weeks and I discovered that I had really been missing it. I actually like running, even if I'm slow. And after a run, I like it even more, because I get serious endorphins.
|I know this quote is played out but it still makes me lol|
I have been lifting continually for the last three months and, you know what? I don't like lifting! I don't get endorphin-high from lifting and as soon as I start I can't wait to be done. Now, I will continue to lift because:
- it makes me a better runner
- keeps your bones healthy and dense
- muscle raises your RMR
- I want to be fast AND strong
- muscles are sexy.